Thursday, November 12, 2015

Movie: Everest = 88/100


There was something that I didn't like about this movie.  I think it was the ending.  However since it was a true story I didn't want to give it a lower score just because it didn't have the happy ending that I wanted.  For this reason I disregarded the ending when considering the score of this movie.

               My entire life, I thought that the hardest part of climbing Mt. Everest was the lack of oxygen near the top.  I didn't realize everything else that went into it.  I mean I knew it was really cold there, but I didn't realize that there were bottomless chasms that had to be crossed using nothing but a latter being held in place by a few ropes.  It was a very educational movie that was very well disguised in action, drama, and suspense.  However, like in most true movies the whole story changed based on one decision.

               I would recommend the movie  to people that like nature.  There was some amazing cinematography in the movie and the wide shots were breathtaking.  I imagine that the movie would be less stunning being played on anything smaller that a movie theater screen, but it is still worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment