Monday, October 5, 2015

Movie: Avengers Age of Ultron = 79/100

I was very excited to see Avengers Age of Ultron, and maybe it was my high expectations that made it seem subpar.  To me the movie felt as if it dragged on to the point where it was so long that I was just anxious to get out of the movie theater.  This was strange to me.  I can usually make it through long movies with more ease that the people around me.  I have watched the extend cut of the Lord of the Rings series about seven times now, and the shortest one is still much longer that the Avengers.  This leads me to believe that Avengers was not an engaging film.

Like most other superhero movies, Avengers focused the plot around action.  However this movie seemed to do it in a way that took away from the plot.  It was as if the writers made a list of action scenes then sewed them together with a weak plot.  The plot only seemed to be there to justify the next action fight scene. 

However, this movie series is meant to be packed with action.  I have been to many superhero movies with my friends.  Most of the time we will disagree if a movie was good or not.  If I think a movie has a good plot, they will think it didn’t have enough action.  If they think the movie was good, I will say there was not a good plot.


In a way Avengers age of Ultron satisfied a lot of their viewers by really pilling on the action.  But I do not go to the movies to see explosions; I want to see a good plot.  



No comments:

Post a Comment